14 August 2006

Technical Whinge

...because, really, computers hate me and this is cheaper than throwing the bastard thing out of the window...

So, apparently I can't send email from the bradan email account, can't pick up email from the fcon@jennyb address and I've recently had reports from people that emails I've sent from the demon account have arrived 2 months after they've been sent (so it's not always me being a bit slow, then...) I mean, where do they go for 2 months? I have these weird visions of a bunch of recalcitrant emails sitting around in a cyber-bar somewhere getting totally mullered and going 'ey up, think I'll just stay for the next round...')

Mind, the first two problems will be related as they're both on the same server, so a bit of grouting around the techie support area should help there.
God knows what's up with the demon account though...

And... (yes, there's more... it's like buses, isn't it...) the machine's been acting gronkier than usual ever since I downloaded a service pack from them who we don't mention. Should have known better as I've been religiously avoiding downloading things since the mass virus damage last year but one of them computer doctor types got all in a tizzy when he found out mum hadn't ever upgraded her machine's software (and then promptly charged her way too much for doing it) so I figured, why not, and spend hours (still in the stone age with dial up) downloading things.

And lordy, it's just so slow to open files and the like at the mo... I can get a couple of pages of reading done while I wait for a doc to open, and that can't be right...

No comments: