05 October 2006

Flying visit...

Just a quickie, as I'm mid submission reading (hallelujah!) - so expect to see the Slushblog updated in 2 or 3 days...

So Fcon again (what? I'm a girl obsessed, I know!)
We've got confirmation and are announcing the first 2 guests and MC....

GoHs: Michael Marshall Smith & Stephen Jones; MC: Peter Crowther.

And we've got 2 more GoHs in the pipeline, plus a possible extra one, maybe, possibly...
(We weren't going to have so many for next year... but you know how these things go, they snowball... gonna be a great lineup, and that's without some of the attendees we know are going to be there but can't announce yet!!)

And the website has already been updated with the first lot of details (gotta love that picture of Pete... it's something about the hat...) but if you have any suggestions, complaints, general comments or the like, please pop over to the BFS board as that's where you'll get the quickest and best answers!

Random girlie blather...
...so, apparently, the reason my feet were absolute murder over Fcon was because my old trainers were past it. Discovered I had a whacking piece of plastic sticking up through the inner sole... (no, I don't know why I didn't notice it before either...) so this week have had to go through the torture of buying new shoes... I hate live shopping if it's not for books. I especially hate shoe shopping because unlike most other things, experience proves it can't be done online because sizes are just too variable... was going between size 6 to size 8 depending on the shoe and the shop.... and it really couldn't be put off as I only own the one pair of shoes...! So 4 shops later, finally found the perfect pair. Phew. That's me good for another 6 or 7 years then!

No comments: